I am a manager in a small hedge fund. I am aware that our industry is more nerdy and techy and that is the reason why I would like to establish more focus on the soft skills.
I would love to introduce coaching practices to my team/employees. What is the best way for beginners to start with?
I would definitely recommend TGROW model.
1. The employee that is coached selects a Topic/Theme- it should be really well defined.
2. You ask what are his/her Goals.
3. You ask the employee to describe reality and what is that keeping him/her away from that.
4. You ask him/her to describe what opportunities he/she has.
5. You discuss the Ways of achieving the goals- cheapest, the fastest, the best opportunity
Let me know if you want to discuss with me more details.