I have recently joined the platform and I have a good challenge to test it. I would like to source high-quality advice and save time browsing online and reading researches.
I am part of a mid-sized international company. There are two Project Managers in my team and they are responsible for local and global projects. Depending on their projects they might work with 5-20 stakeholders.
Our company doesn't use any particular PM methodology. One of the PMs uses Excel to prepare her Project Charter and a Gantt chart to track progress. The other PM prefers MS Project.
I still feel we can implement some improvements to how the two PMs work.
1. Do you have any best practices you can share with me for effective project management?
2. According to your experience, what is the best way to structure your Project Management approach?
3. Would you recommend any particular PM software?
4. Would you recommend any particular PM training?
5. What are the things that could have saved a lot of efforts, time and nerves, if you have known them in the beginning of your PM career?